Wednesday, July 18, 2007

0th sense

*sigh* I never knew that blogging would some day become so difficult. I have been seriously trying to blog for the past few weeks, but have failed miserably. Each time, I open a new word document and resolve to put up a new post on my now-almost-non existent- blog, I fail to collect my thoughts and put them down. There is so much to share, but its so difficult to comprehend. I would conveniently like to put all the blame on my sheer joblessness which has made my life quite uninteresting. But nevertheless, this epoch of my life has made me aware of so many things that were always there around me, but I could never really grasp them. I would like to call this as my 0th sense. (0th coz it’s the most basic sense that one should possess and well, everyone does possess it, but its just that, we fail to realize it. Or maybe, we can term it as an amalgamation of all the 6 senses. Which ever way u wanna see it, I term it as 0th sense.)

Thanks to this new sense of mine, I have begun to notice how beautiful the lane in front of my house looks, specially if it has just rained…*dreamy eyes* .

I went up to my terrace after ages, and sat on the roof tiles, getting a magnificent view of the entire neighbourhood:P (this is something I use to do a lot when I was a child).

I realized wat a lotta fun it was to chase my lil cousin all around the house; to emotionally blackmail him, about going away in less than 3 weeks.

What spending time with friends is, specially when u know after a few days u wont be meeting them for God knows how long.

Also, I have again realized how wonderful and exhilarating shopping can be. (yeah…it had been almost 2 years since I went out to the market, to buy something for myself ) *sigh* .

Not to forget my new-found-pleasure in sketching. I could sit and do that for hours.

It also made me realize how much i dislike un-invited, “drop-in” guests at my place. Its not because I don’t like them or something, it mostly arises from the fact that i am pretty hyper and well…dressed in my oldest and loosest clothes at home, which I don’t allow my mom to throw away solely because of the comfort factor. To add to my wunnerful looks, I keep dancing, hopping and shouting, all over the house, playing with my cousins, or singing in a not-very-melodious voice, and it becomes quite embarrassing for me, if all of a sudden, while coming down the stairs, I come face to face with people sitting in our drawing room *sheepish grin* . Er..my parents and family members don’t exactly get very pleased either.

Yes… one more thing. Its not exactly as if I like this 0th sense too much, cause it also makes my feel pretty foolish sometimes. For example, today in the morning, my comp was not getting switched on. There was some problem with the UPS. I had been trying for 10 minutes to set it right, but couldn’t do it. Just them my bro (whose 4 yrs younger to me) walks in, asks me the problem, bends down, moves his fingers on the UPS (I doubt he did anything. Hmph! ) and well..my stupid comp switched on almost instantly. It made me realize how unreliable and partial my comp is.

Well..well..out of the world of nostalgia!!! Yeah..so basically this 0th sense is nothing but realization, observation and appreciation . Iam glad I found it and in time too, coz it gave me some moments which I am definitely going to cherish for a long time to come.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL..hahah..i can almost imagine u singin at the top of your voice hoppin around the staircase n findin guests in dat living room place.. LOL..can i please witness such a scene.. nothin wud please me more..pls?
hehe.. u call it 0th sense, i call it, i'm-leavin-my-home-in-one-week sense! :P :P :P
LOL..M set the UPS rite did he?? muhahahahaha.. Abhu dear,gosh u sure u'll bcom a comp engg without knowin how to operate the UPS? :0
*rolfin at the look of Abhu's face wen she read DAT*
Dont worry ya.. dont bcom totall senti n all..guess this is the direction of YOUR life :)
Wish of lots of luck! :D

Abhu said...

@tejal- haan haan has le....ek hafte baad kis par hasegi??? hmph!!!

Unknown said...

:(( waaaaahhhh ab kya bacchi ko rulayegi kya? :((
[P.S- dont cha worry,whereva u go, i'll keep lafin at u ok no worries :P]

Abhu said...

@tejal- hmm...we shall see.

Anonymous said...

heyyyy nice blog abhu.....i'l also try nd figure my oth sense....lol. nd d UPS thingy wz d most hilarious part....nd um sure dat must b daksh who must hav got d UPS doen 4 u....lol

Abhu said...

@tina- heh!! no..it was M:P

Abhu said...

@suk-haan re...u r right. i guess i didnt want to make this post all senti-senti, thats why i took cover under the 0th sense:(

Madi said...

oye,ms 0th sense...don't worry,ur gonna have loads 2 write abt once u get 2 coll!;)...n yeah,trust me,ur not gonna feel homesick...there r gonna be many of us 2 give u company if u ever do!:)
keep blogging n rockin!;)..n post in sumthin sweet on my blog as well!:P

Abhu said...

@mad!- hehe!!welcome to blogger world. thankz for such a sweet comment. yes..iam sure i will never feel homesick with u guys around. *gives a big hug*. just like u helped me out today:D and we'l definitely ROCK!!:D

Anonymous said...

Hi
nice to know about the 0th sense, now i have one more thing to blame on when things dont work lol
and yes its by our very human nature that we take many things in life for granted it is only when we move away from them we realize how important they are for us, i guess this was your time to notice it
about the singing incident heheh must have been fun anyway nice blog, nice post, keep doing the good work

KAMONASISH AAYUSH MAZUMDAR said...

vry few ppl in the world hav the Oth sense after they bcum teens esp given the circumstances of today's world...
we forget how small things in life make life beautiful n amazing to live
we forget to stare at the stars,
we forget to enjoy the wind,
we forget to look at the moon,
we forget to feel the cool water running down our spine,
we forget to relish homecooked meals,
we forget to forgive
n
we forget things lik the things i hav forgotten to mention here in my epilogue :P
thus we forget to live life the way we used to live wen we were small kids widout worries pretense falsehood judgement consequences etc etc basically widout problems!
i call ur Oth sense....innOcense :)
wattsay ? ;)

Abhu said...

@ankur- yeah...true...we do tend to take loads of thing for granted:)


@aayush- :)yeah..u r so right!!! iam glad i still haven't forgotten to njoy the things u've mentioned above:) if this is innocence, then iam glad i still have it, and hope it continues to be this way, always:) and yess... once college starts , i doubt i'll have much tym left for all this:(

Shalinee..On MetaMinD Karma said...

hey...hugs for bringin ur heart out :D...
and u doubt u wont hav time??...hey hav u ever thot abt makin time for smiling or blushin or feelin loved or crying ...or any thing dats so obvious for that matter!!..no naa??...u see life always throws us surprises n bouncers..u just hav to luk at it d right way...or just luk at it [:P]...to enjoy....just remember dont let ur 0th sense or innocence or Common sense ;) defunct in u...let it loose :)

(nw any body listenin??..let it loose...!!!...sigh!)

Abhu said...

@shalinee- hmm...u have a point:) but i meant that u have got to let these thoughts occupy ur brain, let them make their presence felt, which doesnot happen when u r pre-occupied with loads of other things. but still..i'll try:)

raghu said...

haan.. i agree with suk.. completely.