Wednesday, November 12, 2008

WEIRD


Iam at this weird new turn in my life (and I say that not because my horoscope for today says “you are at the edge of MAGIC” :P . It’ s really funny how sometimes what is written in my horoscope kinda puts my feelings into words.) Everything seems so distant yet so near. One second I am exhilarated , and in the next, I am slumped in a corner trying to get away from myself. Like always, I have millions (no actually trillions) of weird thoughts running through my now-partly-non-functional brain. I am so dazed that when I go to collect food from the hostel delivery guy, and meet an old dance-group mate at the gate, I take her to be someone else and blabber something utterly incoherent until she gives me a weird look, shakes me and asks me if I am all alright. I am not going to waste much space writing about the hours spent per day on sleeping (which actually goes above 10) because it seems to be a regular feature during the months of Nov, Dec and Jan (partly in Jan, i.e till my bday )

Jeez!! I will no longer be in my teens in two months *horrified. Mortified. Stunned into silenced by shock and disbelief* Can you believe it?? I don’t. I can’t!! I don’t feel like one. Actually I really dunno how one should feel once they cross their teens. Should they feel all big and mature, ready to take care of any damn situation in their life?? And feel all nice and content at all that they have got and done so far?? (the obvious things obviously pre assumed ;) ) But what if you enter into it without feeling any of the above?? I think I can take care of myself. I have already done that for 20 freaking years of my life. (no actually I’ll change that to 2 freaking years of my life. Coz my mom use to take care of me when I was at home.) But I dunno bout the rest of it. There is a lot more I should have done in the past 20 years. (iam not gonna mention it here, coz well… ahem…I have learnt that my blog is accessible to a lot more people than I can actually imagine :P ) Anyways…guess time cant be stopped and in any case, my roomie (who is already 20) told me it feels just the same even when you enter the new league of 20 something, So I guess it will be fine. I will just have to wait and watch till then.

Yeah, if you have been wondering whats with this weird new turn in my life that I mentioned right in the beginning, I really cant answer that one guys. Like I said its weird. I can feel it. I can sense its presence and know that its fast approaching, but what exactly it is, will be revealed only when it reaches me. No, I am not drunk. (I don’t drink). I guess I ve just been sleeping too much.


p.s. Can anyone please please define satisfaction for me?? I would seriously like to know when exactly one feels satisfied. (coz I truly think all of us have become SO damn greedy that we are never really satisfied with anything.)


p.p.s I just finished reading Bridget Jones’s Diary. It left me feeling even more weird. (now u know why my post is titled weird, don't you?? )

5 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

u seem like u are on dope dude

Abhu said...

@suk- lol! well... iam definitely NOT :P

Debasish Patra said...

Being 20 is quite like...okhay-okay :P

I mean, dont expect violins to play,and flowers to fall.. its jus dat u turn 20 n then smile :)

and bout 'Satisfaction' its what you feel when you dont feel bad about showing-off yours new suits-sherwanis-formal-shoes-ties to ur frens :D

Abhu said...

@debasish- Mr. Show-off!! huh!
I obviously never expected violins to play and flowers to fall (duh!!). But u still don't get my point. I just dont feel like iam 20 :P
prolly after u have finished "showing off"", if u sit and read my post again, u will be able to give an apt answer :P :P

Tejal said...

Although 'Satisfaction' is completely subjective but i'd say satisfaction is working endlessly to achieve something and finally reaching where u want to. Although 'it' lasts for a very lil tym.. a day or maybe an hour (coz then the greed takes over..bleh).. thoses few moments are saftisfaction .. n plus its good to be greedy in a way..wats the point in being complacent right? I think wanting more is the key to progress :)