Friday, February 22, 2008

R n R (Roadies and Raghu)

Iam not sure, if I contribute even an iota to the viewership of MTV HeroHonda Roadies (hope I got the entire name correct) and form a part of the millions who watch it open mouthed, seated at the edge of their seats, their backs bent forward in interest, with hundreds of multicolored , animated visions flashing past their already-overexcited cerebrums, where they imagine themselves to be right there and doing it all.

No! iam not here to express my keen desire to be a Roadie, coz I have none such desires, neither am I gonna criticize the judges or the tasks that the contestants are made to do, because I feel all of them they have an idea about what they are getting into and hence I have no right to comment on their decision.

I am here to give my opinion on one one of the esteemed judges- Raghu.

I admit I have not been a regular viewer of this show in the past, owing to certain unavoidable reasons, but now, in college, when I got hold of the audition episodes of this show, I couldnot help but get hooked on to it. I remember, two years ago, when I first saw the auditions, I couldnot help but sympathize with the contestants who were mercilessly grilled by Raghu. It was beyond my comprehension as to how someone could be so rude towards people, unnecessarily creating a commotion. But now, when I see the auditions for roadies 5.0 taking place, iam actually amazed by how much good it does to the contestants who get a chance to have a interview with the judges. It is very obvious that most of the people who want to get into this show, are not very clear bout why they wanna do it, save the fame and money part involved with it and whether they have it in them or not. After getting a good dose of character analysis from the judges, iam sure a person with an attitude open to self-improvement, will do very well for himself in the future.

I must admit, I was really awed by Raghu’s sharp sense of analysis and the frank way with which he expressed his opinions. There are very few people in this world who actually give a true and unbiased opinion on things and undoubtedly, Raghu currently tops my list of such people. I actually feel he is a very good judge of character. Being rude and testing the patience of the contestants, forms an inseparable part of his job, which I think he executes magnificently. On top of that, from some recent episodes that I saw, I feel he makes an excellent counselor, though a very harsh one. I have never come across a person who is so sure of himself, has his fundas crystal clear and has confidence oozing out of every cell of his body. U know, I have heard of most of the contestants biting their finger nails and almost peeing in their pants at the thought of their encounter with Raghu ? But I think he will be a very interesting person to meet……

8 comments:

Tejal said...

forget everythin else..hav u seen Raghu smile??? *drools* even thogh he does all that melo drama..but in those in-between shots wen he confesses to the viewers that he was indeed jus tryin to freak the contestant out.. aww the way he smillllles *still drooling* lik a cute baby whose done some mischief..hehhe
p.s- i'm not sayin he's mirror crackin material,quite the opposite i kno, but u HAVE to see his smile n understand wat i'm talkin bout.

Abhu said...

@suk- heheee....u sound so much like raghu urslf.... he said smthn similar on one of d episods i saw:P

@tejal- u saw...u saw na....!!! heheee... sheesh man!!! iam glad yet sad that r choices r so unbelievingly similar:P lolz...(u know wat i mean;))

KAMONASISH AAYUSH MAZUMDAR said...

1)raghu is doing it coz the ppl he is dealing wid DONT DEAL WID HIM IN HIS PERSONAL LIFE AND HE IS BEING PAID FOR BEING RUDE(trust me this is the truth)
2)yes is gr8 at analysis...at some point of our life v all r but v rarely get to ask the questions tht he gets to ask...coz life is not a televised show :)
3)he wants to knw WHY ARE YOU IN ROADIES and he needs a better reason than the obvious ones
4)the lesson in the auditions:no matter wat u do in life always rememebr the first and foremost is knowing "WHY m i doing it?" n one needs a better reason than money or fame coz those r byproducts of wat u wanna do...
5)analyse evrything u c...n try n reason y things r happenin, the way they r happening (no, not coz they r meant to happen) wen one does tht...he/she understands ppl,situations,him/herself n hence life
6)lasha...buck up-evry tym u giv an interview for a gud mba school thr is one raghu (or 7 depending on which b school u apply for) waiting for you n they hav a lot more than 5 mins to gruel u n u hav a lot more at stake ;)
2)yes is gr8 at analysis...at some point of our life v all r but v rarely get to ask the questions tht he gets to ask...coz life is not a televised show :)
3)the lesson in the auditions:no matter wat u do in life always rememebr the first and foremost is knowing "WHY m i doing it?" n one needs a better reason than money or fame coz those r byproducts of wat u wanna do...
4)analyse evrything u c...n try n reason y things r happenin, the way they r happening (no, not coz they r meant to happen) wen one does tht...he/she understands ppl,situations,him/herself n hence life
5)lasha...buck up-evry tym u giv an interview for a gud mba school thr is one raghu (or 7 depending on which b school u apply for) waiting for you n they hav a lot more than 5 mins to gruel u n u hav a lot more at stake ;)
7)best of luck for life...

Anonymous said...

i totallyy totallyyy agree vth u:P:P sumtyms i think i shd get interviewed by him(nt 2 get in2 roadies)bt jus 2 get d deep analysis of ma being....lolzz

Abhu said...

@aayush- WHY r u always right???? gawd!! how can u so clearly analyse everythn??? i mean, u talk in such an eperienced way ya....

@tina- hehee!!!i know...

Debasish Patra said...

Let me tell you this...
Raghu is jus faking it.I cn evn add dat he is a gud actor.(Y vl he not do it...he is paid fr dat).He is like a onscreen character who cant exist in real life.Itz gud 2 watch him bt Trust me if he continues wid an attitude like dat he shud b lukin fr a divorce lawyer ...

Abhu said...

@ debasish- hmm...probably. but i find smthn bout his personality very magnetic.

Jayant said...

Hi..
Even I started following roadies(though not religiously) this time around,starting from the auditions.
Raghu is the person who's the boss there,and during auditions,the aspirants were in awe of him,as they thought they couldn't react strongly to his words(fearing their elimination) and this gave him the license to abuse/threaten and intimidate them.But still, few of them did try to take him head on!I wonder how many more such people would have been there whom the MTV ppl didnt show!!!