Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Being on the stage :)

The lights, the deafening sound of the crowd cheering, the adrenaline rush……

Dude!!! Nothing can be as exhilarating as being on the stage, in front of hundreds of people, feeling as if you own the world (even if you literally don’t :P). I know loads of people who suffer from stage fright might erupt into huge rounds of protest on reading this, but trust me, I cannot explain how invigorating it is for me, when I am up on the stage, ready to rock! My passion for dance just seems to be increasing humongously which each passing day, with each passing second. A panacea for all my weird mood swings, music is perhaps the sole companion who has been with me through thick and thin. It helps me out whenever I am sad, upset, happy, frustrated, excited, nervous or just plain bored.

7 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

yea.. feels great to perform doesn't it? i am a pathetic speaker when it comes to speeches.. i just lose my voice and forget the lines.. but it's really different when am acting in a play or smthng.. dunno.. selective stage fright? is there something like it? :P
enjoy :)

Debasish Patra said...

i jus looove d stage....n d crowd. It gives me a HIGH.Its a feelin beyond compare..I adore d "mic". Although i dnt sing or dance,... but dat very moment... u speak n d world listens to u..Evry thing at ur command, a b'ful feeling. i used to hv stage fright till class -II. (i still rmbr doze cute fancy dresses competitions)
but i bleve, a lil nervousness actually brings out d best in you.

broca's area said...

actually i have stage fright...hope i learn something from u!!!

Abhu said...

@suk- hehee.... selective stage fright? hehee... haan... i think it must be existing... though a more logical explanation will be "confidence" :) being sure of what u r doing :)


@debasish- hey! its just like u have given my feelings new words :D hhehee.. i swear! the feeling is inexplicable :D

@brocasarea- :) there is nothn to learn. just feel confident of urslf and know the fact that "u know everything and the pple listening/ watching u, dont" :)

Sneha said...

dude, i recently performed on dholi taro.. dandiya and garba. too much fun yaa. the best-est thing ever! (among other things :))

Tejal said...

heheh..yeaa...recently i've transformed from the singer to the dancer at college toh.. awesome experience!

raghu said...

i love to see people dace on stage n make all the fun i want to make about them.. looorrrve it :D