Thursday, August 06, 2009

BLACK n WHITE



I have been often told (and I have often read) that colors can truly reflect your mood and to an extent, even your personality. It’s probably just clairvoyance that makes one believe in such things. But, as much as I try, I can’t refrain from observing this strange inking, this new fetish that I am developing, for anything to do with black and white.


Actually, this is not something that’s entirely out of the blue. I have been quite fond of blacks (especially as far as my wardrobe goes) and the difference between then and now seems to be the fact that, these days, I simply have to lay my hands on anything that’s black (and/or white). From my new pair of shoes, my bag, a huge part of my wardrobe to my blog template, black rules the roost!!


It’s not something I consciously do. Yet it happens all the time. You know, I sometimes feel it is because I have always tried to see life in shades of either black or white. If things are good, I am on a high. If things go wrong, my world shatters!! It’s like I live life in extremes. But, no more… not when I have been suddenly exposed to this huge palate where I can fill my life with as many colors as I want, coz at the end of the day, the painting on the canvas is gonna be mine. I have suddenly come to terms with such a massive plethora of options; changes that I am no longer scared to make. It like when a person is learning to swim. You try once, you go under the water, gagging, taking in a lot of it. Second time, you manage to surface a lot more and gradually, you just learn to stay afloat. The meaning of a lot of things have become clearer now, my priorities are finally set right again and so, it high time I emerged from the gloomy world of blacks and whites to something that better defines life.


p.s. I have been really trying hard to find a good template for my blog (okay, Dave has been trying equally hard). As soon as I (read: we) get a good one, the black shall be given a befitting farewell :)


p.p.s V sent this to me.Liked it. So thought of posting it here.

“No one can tear you down, unless you give them power over you to do so.

No one can hurt you*, unless you let them.

No one can deflate you, without your permission.

No one can tell your truth, without your okay.

No one can make you angry, unless you give them that ability.

No one can define you, without your authority.

And likewise, no one can inspire you, inflate you, teach you, encourage you or motivate you unless you bestow upon them that power.

Doesn’t it sting, a bit, knowing that all the pain and all the suffering you ever caused yourself was self-inflicted? Of course, you’re causing that sting, too. Maybe you had to experience the pain and suffering to get to where you are today.”

6 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

life was colours
red and yellow
till the sun shined and bright
night it came
desaturating my palette
all left were shades of grey

disappointed, it made me wonder
of all those shades this night robbed
dumb chaos and shadowy dark
no food, just empty box

run helter skelter
hither-thither
all across this mindless world
throw the stones
abuse the God
smoke the pipe, feel at home

dazed sights, calm speech
folded hands and closed reach
sit aside with silent thoughts
enjoy all this misery you've brought
day is gone, welcome the night
hail the moon, your grey delight

:P

Debasish Patra said...

@ another

Woah! its too good. Certainly dint expect smthng lik dis, that too inside the coment box :P

@ Abhu
"I want, coz at the end of the day, the painting on the canvas is gonna be mine." amazing line!

We definitely NEED more colors fr U :)

And bout the p.p.s, its really true. Dat is working fr me, atleast since some years.

Abhu said...

@suk- :O :O Dats just AMAZING!!! LOVD it!! :D :D

Abhu said...

@debasish (Dave :P )- hehehhe!! yes... So better get to work again! we yet havent found anythn good :)

workhard said...

Hey i totally believe that no one can hurt you unless u let them.. but then again .. when im hurt i wonder...

Make website india

Abhu said...

@ workhard- :) we all do i guess..