Friday, May 22, 2009

Rains and me


Yesterday, i was irritated!! My maths paper went terribly horrid. Nothing seemed to be going the way i wanted it to go. I was irritated with the computer science faculty, with examz, with the stupid auto-walas who never have change, with the pathetic food, with food-court (Iam SO not going there again this sem), with the conversation we were having, with the silly jokes, with the total male-freternity and in general, i was irritated with life. At night, I went to sleep, with the thoughts of the vast syllabus stretching out like a runway in front of me. I had made up my mind to get up early (i.e. as soon as my eyes opened) and get to work. But nature seemed to have other plans. In the morning, as I groggily asked my roomie the time (she was already up with her notes in her hand), my semi-conscious mind registered sound of thunder and rain pattering on the window. I sat up, looked outside the window, confirmed that I was not dreaming and went back to sleep with a smile. I woke up an hour later, yawing and stretching, I began to hum the song “It’s a new day….” :)
So, yes! Such a sea change from my mood in the evening. No wonder I LOVE rains! They leave me all dreamy and moody. They fill my being with a new sense of frredom, joy and hope. The sound of it, the smell before it rains, the view after it rains, the cool breeze…. They make my heart soar!! All I like to do is lie on my bed and hear the sound of water falling on the window panes.
Everything looks so pristine and clear and pure and magical! *Dreamy eyed* . Technically, Manipal seems to the most apt place for me (for actually more than one reasons) considering the fact that it literally pours here in the odd sem. Even though that gets a tad bit irritating at times because of the wet shoes and all… I love rains nonetheless:D
The view from the balcony on my floor, after it had rained, is priceless!!! Today, as I stood there taking in the view (and yes, forgetting all about the impending examz) I was reminded of that Nescafe ad in which the girl (in a red pullover) leans out of her window, with a cup of steaming coffee in her hand, enjoying the rain :D Hehehe! Such a bliss!! Those few hours in the balcony seemed to erase everything not-so-pleasant that happened this sem, or over my last two years here, and made me again fall in love with the place. I felt the same way as I had when I was on my way to Manipal, in a taxi, from Mangalore. The same excitement, the same enthusiasm to try out something new, and the same feeling of hope that every new adventure brings with it. I sat there, thinking about all those things on my wish-list when I came here, and tallied them with all that I had managed to do so far. Not bad I must say. In fact it has been a lot better than what I had imagined.
Now, I want to go back home even more desperately, and now I cant wait to start a another sem, afresh. Putting everything behind me. And yes, this time I mean everthing....


p.s this is the first time that I am kinda writing a concluding post to my sem here in Manipal, and I am actually ending it by looking forward to another new sem!! *disbelief* Well… things do change.

4 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

rains ease the pains :P

Abhu said...

@Suk- :) yes they do...

sanjogpanda said...

wow its grt8 to see such works
its as so beautifully penned down....a flow of pure emotion

Abhu said...

@ sanjog- Thankz :)