Sunday, October 22, 2006

AN ALCHEMY OF EMOTIONS


Life is a long road,
With very sharp turns…
You never know what u’ll encounter next.
surprise!!surprise!!” both good and horrid
add a breaker to your enthusiasm and zest.


As a tread on this lonely road….
With my dreams & wishes sailing around me,
quite unsure of what lay in store,
I stumbled on each little stone
Strewn across the floor.


With my strengths becoming
My greatest weakness,
My “introvert at heart” nature
helping no less,
I felt like a loser,
Lagging far behind in the rat- race.


I lost the people I loved a lot,
Nothing I did seemed to go right,
my whole world went topsy-turvy,
as I fought to keep my spirit alive.


I cannot be that bad”, I said to myself
each time I failed.
Not a comforting hand, not a single praise,
Yet what was that ”thing”
Which was egging me on…??
My confidence in myself
Or the wish to prove others wrong??


I forgot how to smile
I forgot to live for myself.
I started living for my dreams
To crave a niche for myself.


And I succeeded!!!!
I did prove people wrong for once…
I shut the mouth of all those creatures
Who never ever gave me a chance.


My world was suddenly filled
with a thousand colors…
I again started to smile…
I got the will to fight the world
And walk with my head held high!!


life is bad!!!” , say some.
I say,” life is NOT bad”…
It shapes up how u mould it.
Dark shadows of depression and uncertainty
may canopy ones life,
but one mustn’t forget that very soon
the sun shall shine with all its might!!!


Now, as I again stand on the threshold
of seeing my dreams making or breaking,
iam happy that I’ve lost battles before.
Atleast I can now face,
Anything that future has in store.

And hey!!! Don’t forget..
Its both the sun and the rain
Which make a beautiful
rainbow.

7 comments:

The New Age Superhero said...

all u need whn u feel so low is Metallica or vodka! (refer earliwe suggestions too ) :P

Sneha said...

hmm.. nice ya.. make theta read it! :D
n wat ha suk?? u spoiling my goat!! :P

Abhu said...

hey sun... u'll have to get it for me but as i dont have easy access to all dat stuff!!!

Abhu said...

theta??? no ways...!!! i was so... sceptical bout publishn this. u know, i dont let on my feeling dat easily.

The New Age Superhero said...

hey abhu.. i'll get it.. no probs.. jst wait for another yr.. an year too young :P

and sneha.. LSD hits!! :S .. abey.. u may join in too :P

Abhu said...

hey! sun...!!! sneha will throttle me... as it is she has started to sound quite like "mother goat" herslf.... wat say snehudi??? lol...

Sneha said...

urgh.. i LOVE LSD n enigma yaa.. enigma is allowed! lol