Saturday, July 05, 2008

Hmm... i guess i have a lot to say!

I am totally bowled over!!! (And dats saying something!!!!) I finally saw Jaane tu… after waiting for it since the time I first saw its promos. Dude!!! You have to watch it. If not for anything, just for your college days, for your friends, for your dreams, for those silent wishes you have in your heart but are unable to express, for Jai (Imran), for that look on Aditi’s face when she her closest friend with someone else. Man!! I felt as bad as she was feeling. I know how one feels in such a situation. Trust me. I almost had tears in my eyes AND the only movie I have cried before in, is when I saw If only and Taare zameen par.

Even now, I have a smile on my face. Iam sure the jaane tu hangover will take days to go and the “Imran hangover” will take longer. *dreamy eyed*. I dunno how other people will respond to the movie, but the movie will be special to me for many reasons, one of them being the people I saw the movie with:)

p.s. I loved the song “kabhi kabhi aditi” and “kahin toh hogi woh”. A R Rehaman is a genius!

My holidays are soon gonna come to an end. I met up with my friends today, for prolly one of the last few times. But that doesnot matter, does it? We had an amazing time and that’s what is most important. I dunno why but I have kind of mixed feelings about going back to college. I really dunno whats gonna happen there. (well, no one knows that). I don’t know if I can go through another 4 and a half months of alternation between hope and despair (but that’s what life is, isn’t it??). I really wish there was nothn called “expectation” in this world. The effect that this 11 lettered word has on our life is seriously not a joke. I would have elaborated more on this, but I don’t feel like it, due to er… some reasons. Sorry.

Why do grown ups have the habit of pulling cheeks when they see you after a long time??? Even the child is no-longer a “child” but a 19 year old?? Cant they understand the simple fact that I simply dislike ANYONE touching my cheeks??? *annoyed and disgusted look* and I swear, next time iam NOT gonna give a nice lil polite goody-goody smile. I am gonna show how I feel about it, and people who know me, know how bad that can be!

Oh! And guess what? I met D today!!! After so long! No… chill… D is certainly no long lost buddy of mine. If you don’t remember who D is, check this out - . Btw, I feel very sorry for her. Now that she is in an all girls college, she cant possibly try one of her those antics again :P

13 comments:

Unknown said...

heyy... tell u wat..this was a special movie for me too..coz we saw it together..it really meant a lot to me too..u kno, maybe i just dont show it enof but u're goin to manipal has left me alone here :( cudnt u just study here in KIIT lik u wer goin to? hmph. :P newaz i'm glad that u luv your 'manipal' so much..n i luv to hear all your stories bout that place..heh
n of four heaven sake can u giv the 4 n 1/2 months story a rest! i wud lik to take this oppurtunity n tell ppl how much she irritated us the first time she came back n was lik- yea i came back after saade char mahine n this is wat u do?? yea i was gone for saade char mahine n see how this has changed.. this saade char mahine. that saade char mahine.. aaargghhhh!!!! :P
btw me is goin to write a whole post on D! wait wait :P

Abhu said...

@tejal- awwww! yeah... even i just realised how imp it is to SHOW how u feel. coz unless you show, i guess it being there or not dsnt matter :P
and yess again... scorpions and capricorns, both r very bad at expressing their feeling! :P But the best part about their relationship is that they UNDERSTAND each other's feelings. right? ;)

and as far as "sade chaar mahine " goes... u will have to tolerate it for another 5 vacations :P

btw... it must be SO torturous for D na? i almost felt sad seing her state :P Remeber those tution days? hehee... (and its true dat girls dont bitch;))

Debasish Patra said...

U watchin d movie TWICE, certainly means dat it shud b a good movie !

Lemme watch it yaa !

Abhu said...

@ dave- naaahhh! dont be under that impression. its not necessary that if i saw the movie means it has to be good. its just that the story touched me coz i cud relate to it in some sort of a way. dsnt mean it will work the same way for u :)
but yeah, it is not SO bad that u cant watch it once.

Jayant said...

Hmm...
so much in a single post!
I bet you could have written a post alone on each of those topics..
Anyways,thanks for reviewing Jaane Tu.. for me. I'll make it a point to watch it in Delhi itself(to save me the torture of watching a movie in Dome/Den/Galaxy of manipal)

Expectations do cause trouble but they also keep you going sometimes,don't u think so?

well.. can't comment on "the person you went to the movie with" so I'd like to leave it there..

and yeah,I can well imagine the situation when a 19 yr old "kid" gets her cheeks pulled up(I'm sure this phenomenon occurs in conjunction with the "kitni badi ho gayi hai!","Itni pyari lagti hai" kinds dialogues that those "neighbourhood aunts/relatives" must have mastered...
All i can do is to sympathise with you for now :P(and also with those who dare to pull your cheeks later)

Unknown said...

hey i loved d post on "expectations"....i feel exactly the same....this hope nd despair can sometyms drive 1 pretty crazy......but still we like iddiots keep hoping...havent seen d movie yet...nd after wat u wrote dnt wanna c it wid parents at all.!!!(i hope u get who d other choice wud be..lol).....but sometyms u jst hve to...this tym hols were gr8 for me too. remember me telling uy dadamn hw will 7 weeks pass lol.....they actually did so fast.....im actually scared to go bk nw.....lets c kya hota hain.neway missing u a lot!

Abhu said...

@jayant sir- hehee! yeah... see the movie in delhi. u wont njoy it much in manipal i guess.
yep... u r kinda right. expectations do tend to motivate one to move ahead in life. but still.... it does remain as "expectation" *sigh*
er... since u specifically mentioned "the people i went to see the movie with", so b4 u get ny further ideas, lemme clarify that they were my closest friends. and i really njoyd watchn the movie with them :D
u r SO right bout the comments that follow the "pulling of cheeks" :P and it disgusts and irritates me to no end! all those plastic smiles!! urrrgggghhh!!!

Abhu said...

@shivangi-
hehee!! yeah... i know the person u will like to see the movie with ;)
well... i kinda knew that these 7 weeks will be gr8 (they HAD to be) and i didnt find the idea of holidays to be torturous. so they have been passing even faster for me.
i consciously tried to stay as cut-off from manipal as i cud. needed to get away from things :)
and like i said, iam not exactly scared to back, but slightly apprehensive. but that also, iam sure will smoothen out.
and yeah roomie, missn u too:)

Divita said...

ugh.. all my friends have already watched the movie...ll have to coax them to watch with again with me.
and expectations....hmm...trust me, people who say "i dont expect anything" expect the shit out of the other person! and every one expects, for instance, you expect some people to surely comment on this post huh??

The New Age Superhero said...

expectations, ego, guilt, hopes, dreams.. list of things that fuck up one's life

and another love story it seems like.. commercial cinema i hate :S

Abhu said...

@ suk- i swear!!! once again i find myself caught between all the above "sins" u mentioned.

Divita said...

saw the movie... why cant a guy n a girl be best friends for god's sake?! a little disappointed.

Anonymous said...

heyy d muvee was indeed spl 4 me too:) coz i watchd it vth 2 of my closest nd dearest frns:) nd i totallyy empathize vth sum situations of d muveee...u wont b'leve bt i'v watch it arnd 5 or 6 times nw:D nd yea 'kahin toh' remains my fav song coz datzz exactly i feel SUMTYMS:P